This course provides all health workers with fundamental knowledge of how to control the cause and spread of infection in hospitals and other settings reliant on superior hygiene standards.
- Develop vitally important skills to prepare you for a role in the sector
- Understand the concepts of decontamination and waste management – and the consequences of not carrying out these processes
- Learn about infection prevention and control in a range of healthcare settings and scenarios to help you contextualise your learning
- Gain industry-relevant knowledge and give your CV a boost
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings.
Can I study for free?
Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.
- Aged 19 or older
- Live in England
- Have lived in the EU for at least three years.
Course places are limited, sign up today to secure your place.
Take a look at our FAQs for more detailed information.
As a vision2learn student you’ll have the support of a dedicated tutor throughout your studies.
Use our online forum for support and discussion with other students.
We offer in-depth online support (including live chat) whenever you need it.
Our friendly team are available from 9am-6pm Monday – Thursday and Fridays between 9am-5pm. Alternatively, you can visit our FAQs page for further information.